Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help ! New Graphic Card but no display !!  (Read 7210 times)

neelchauhan

Re: Help ! New Graphic Card but no display !!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 12:56:06 PM »
A new card not working is crazy! Try to reinstall Windows and install the new drivers.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 01:11:26 PM »
Try to reinstall Windows and install the new drivers.
So, take the extreme measure?   :o  I think not.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »
A new card not working is crazy! Try to reinstall Windows and install the new drivers.

You can safely ignore this advice...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:57:39 AM »
    there is always possibly failure just when it happens and makeing sure that it has.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 01:02:12 AM »
    there is always possibly failure just when it happens and makeing sure that it has.

I agree with Squall things do tend to fail when failure happens.  ::)

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 05:38:36 AM »
      thats not what I mean, things can fail fairly new or not so I gusse its more or less any time really.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 05:59:04 AM »
      thats not what I mean, things can fail fairly new or not so I gusse its more or less any time really.

I.. I...I'm not sure. Ok?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 06:08:43 AM »
        No, its what my father says.  The fact is thats were I stand.  Course everything is flawed.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 06:24:14 AM »
        If I understand Squallish correctly, Squall means to say that hardware can be broken even if it's new.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 06:26:43 AM »
          yes we had established that, but my father says that it ether fails new or when its real old.  The only time it wont is some were in the middle but after a little thought its just when ever then.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »
          Yeah.....I completely agree.....

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 06:38:08 AM »
            course you do.  ;)

jimbo8098

Beginner

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
              Hold on ... let me get this staight...

The PC will start up and the driver version shows up at BIOS start so the card is working fine right now. And when the windows icon comes up , for loading , (little blue scroller for XP) it runs fine now right after tat part it stops working?

are your system specs up to the job?
               Do you have enough RAM?
              Overheat on the Card?
              Hard Disc damage ?

Itseems that the hard disc may be faulty if everything else is in order (sytem specs , heat). I thik that if you have bashed your PC around or subjected it to high static that you might have broken the hard disc. You might end up having to buy a new Hard disc and operating system if that is the case.

mabybe there is an incompatability with your computer's software and hardware? If you run some ancient tech now (windows ME or lower probably) then something might not like it.

Have you change d anthing else since installing the card or before installation that you would consider sigificant? Any unexpected slowdowns, shutdowns ?

Have you perhaps ran ovr your PC with a steamroller? :)

I am currently working for clicknetworks IT Support. Please feel free to visit our site at http://www.clicknetworks.co.uk

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 02:05:57 AM »
                Jim we gave him corrct instructions there isnt anything we cant do anything at this point.

Fed

• Sage
                  • Experience: Experienced
                  « Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »
                  It could be that Windows is trying to run your new card on the old video drivers.
                  Remove the old drivers (save them first if you don't have them on a disk) then re-boot with the new card and install the new drivers.
                  You could also try booting with the new card in safe mode as a test first.