Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dell laptop got water  (Read 3645 times)

richardrkb

Topic Starter

dell laptop got water
    « on: June 20, 2009, 03:02:52 PM »
    water was spilled on the keyboard. immediatly turned over, unplugged, let dry. starts up normally and displays message " internal hard disk drive not found . try to reseat the drive ". also " no bootable devices ". Is it wrecked?

WyattSoft

Beginner

Re: dell laptop got water
      « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »
      Water has probably got inside the hard drive.

Worst case just replace the hard drive.

richardrkb

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 05:07:09 PM »
        can it be blown dry, then eventully work, or does the water short something in the hard drive that makes it non repairable.

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 03:45:50 AM »
        can it be blown dry, then eventully work, or does the water short something in the hard drive that makes it non repairable.

Do not blow dry a water problem. That influences oxygenation which in turn creates rust.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:33:02 AM »
          too metal, there are a number of other things that could be wrong with it an its not possible to do that since there enclosed for protection.  I would attempt data recovery an get a new one.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Mulreay

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »
          too metal, there are a number of other things that could be wrong with it an its not possible to do that since there enclosed for protection.  I would attempt data recovery an get a new one.

Or you can ignore this. You just need to give time to let it dry out. Then we can see what is wrong.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 07:43:41 AM »
            If you took the drive out an let it air dry we could see if its okay or not.
            Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres