Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win7 Pricing released by MS  (Read 3995 times)

patio

Topic Starter

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Win7 Pricing released by MS
« on: June 27, 2009, 08:04:34 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

luck of the irish

Intermediate
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Win7 Pricing released by MS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 10:22:32 AM »
thank you

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »
I know the Linux world continues to shoot itself in it's own proverbial collective foot, but I've wondered for a long time why Microsoft just didn't lower prices on their operating systems to make them even more attractive...

It seems, now, that they are...

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:17:54 AM »
I know the Linux world continues to shoot itself in it's own proverbial collective foot, but I've wondered for a long time why Microsoft just didn't lower prices on their operating systems to make them even more attractive...

It seems, now, that they are...
Well, they are temporarily.  The special prices explained in the article last for a limited time and then the prices will be about the same as for Vista.  As the article says, "Special offers aside, prices for Windows 7 will be largely in line with those for Vista. Microsoft has set the upgrade and full price for Windows 7 Home Premium at $120 and $200, respectively; $200 and $300 for Windows 7 Professional; or $220 and $320 for Windows 7 Ultimate. That saves you $10 and $40 compared to the upgrade and full editions of Vista Home Premium, but prices remain the same for the latter two."

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »
Seems pretty crazy that Microsoft wouldn't also be giving some type of discount to the ultimate users. Personally if I was a company such as Microsoft I'd be giving them a discount before anyone else since they're paying that much to begin with.

Related article...

Microsoft promised that by purchasing the pricey Ultimate edition of Vista users would get all kinds of extras.

However, for many, those extras turned out to be little more than a few screensavers and a poker game, prompting some significant grousing.

Now, that frustration has turned to anger after Microsoft offered its pre-order program for Windows 7. Through July 11, Microsoft is offering a steep discount for those moving to cheaper versions of Windows 7, but nothing for those who want to stay on Ultimate. Under the terms of Microsoft's discount pre-order program, users can buy an upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional at roughly half the list price, but the Ultimate version is offered at the full $219 price.

Link

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

patio

Topic Starter

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »
There is absolutely nothin worthwhile available under the Vista Ultimate package...
Fortunately i don't feel cheated because it cost me zero...

However had i paid i would've been pretty peeved about the whole mess.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "