Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

What Video card Company do you prefer?

ATI (AMD)
0 (0%)
nVidia (Inc 3DFX)
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: What Video card Company do you prefer?  (Read 2834 times)

neelchauhan

« on: June 30, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »

I prefer nVidia because I tried one ATI product and it failed on my PC. I also tried a nVidia and it worked like a charm. I did this on old hardware i auctioned form eBay.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: What Video card Company do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:12:20 AM »
Depends on which card is the best for me at the time I want it.
I have a Mobility Radeon X1600 in my laptop which is perfectly fine, although it runs a little hot.
I have an Nvidia 8800GT in my main machine which I've been very pleased with.
I have an Nvidia 9500GT in my server for Folding @ Home which I'm also pleased with.
The family machine has SiS integrated graphics which they're fine with.
I've used graphics cards and chips from other vendors, such as Intel and S3 Graphics, and they've all been perfectly fine.

To me it's not the vendor or OEM that matters, it's what's best for me or the user and the machine's intended purpose.  I don't think anybody can say "X company is always better" because that's the nature of the industry.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 04:12:33 AM »
    there a lot like cpu's know really differnce.  You'll find that some preform better then others an that each are designed for there own reasons.  Gameing an Video editting are big conterveries but you could get away with useing ether of them.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

neelchauhan

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
    Depends on which card is the best for me at the time I want it.
    I have a Mobility Radeon X1600 in my laptop which is perfectly fine, although it runs a little hot.
    I have an Nvidia 8800GT in my main machine which I've been very pleased with.
    I have an Nvidia 9500GT in my server for Folding @ Home which I'm also pleased with.
    The family machine has SiS integrated graphics which they're fine with.
    I've used graphics cards and chips from other vendors, such as Intel and S3 Graphics, and they've all been perfectly fine.

To me it's not the vendor or OEM that matters, it's what's best for me or the user and the machine's intended purpose.  I don't think anybody can say "X company is always better" because that's the nature of the industry.
    In my next build, I can't use Intel's onboard graphics because I need two monitors.

DavisPuertoRican

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »
      Nvidia, Ive used 3dFX for over 12 years, and Ill use it till I die