Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: startup 9 beeps possibly too cold  (Read 6201 times)

Computer_Commando

Re: startup 9 beeps possibly too cold
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 04:08:02 PM »

locopuyo

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 11:02:20 PM »
Leave AGP Aperture at 64MB.
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/agp.htm

It all depends on your computer, if you are just avoiding any problems then leave it at 64mb, if you are a performance freak and have 2gb, set it to 256mb.  I'm rather sick of people in these forums who don't know anything that just constantly do google searches and regirgitate information that they don't even understand.  It is not helping anyone, only annoying them because they have to look through the bs that you put up.  

Raptor

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 06:33:18 AM »

1. I'm rather sick of people in these forums who don't know anything that just constantly do google searches and regirgitate information that they don't even understand.

2. Otherwise there will be slight pauses once and a while in the game, where it has to get rid of what is in memory then load the new stuff

1. I can assure you I am not doing constant Google searches and regurgitating the information. Most of the solutions I posted I have learnt myself. Either through reading or through practical use.

2. That does sound familair - I do experience these kind of performance issues.

I have a 1024MB DDR RAM at 333MHz (Dual Channel) and a 128MB ATI/Radeon 9000Pro. What do you suggest I set the AGP aperature size to?

locopuyo

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 05:00:28 PM »
Probably 128 mb, with 1gb ram you can easily spare that much for video, I would also try 256 and see if it gives any performance boost from 128, but if it doesn't, leave it at 128 so you can use the ram for other things.  

Computer_Commando

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 05:10:18 PM »
... I'm rather sick of people in these forums who don't know anything that just constantly do google searches and regirgitate information that they don't even understand.  It is not helping anyone, only annoying them because they have to look through the bs that you put up.  

You're all of 20-years old and that makes you an expert?  Hey, bud, I was designing computers before you were born!

locopuyo

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 01:51:29 PM »
You're all of 20-years old and that makes you an expert?  Hey, bud, I was designing computers before you were born!

You've been designing computers before I was born, yet I showed you up.  
OH SNAP! What now?

Computer_Commando

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 02:24:01 PM »
...You've been designing computers before I was born, yet I showed you up.  
OH SNAP! What now?

In your dreams!