Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't print at all  (Read 5425 times)

sbvirgo

Can't print at all
« on: July 12, 2009, 10:32:48 PM »
Hello,

I am at work and I've come across a printing issue that no one seems to be able to fix. When I print the job will go to the printer, the printer will say that the job is complete and then the stopped job button shows in the utility window. The job never prints. It doesn't matter which printer I print to or how I print. I've tried printing over AppleTalk, USB, ethernet, Bonjour and IP. Nothing works. My computer can communicate with the printer. But the printer won't print anything I send to it.  It's worth noting that at another venue I had to have my IP changed to be able to print to one specific printer. But since then it has changed back so I can't figure out the problem. I've tried deleting all of my printers and re-adding them. I've tried resetting the printer settings through the print utility. I've reset the PRAM. Nothing works. I am using a PowerBook G4, 10.4.11. Please Help.

Thanks!

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can't print at all
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »
Have your network admin or LAN admin look at your profile and / or printer profile.  We had people at work who couldn't print, and I was told their profiles had to be rebuilt.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Can't print at all
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
Aegis is on the right track.

However, if you have rights to create another profile on the machine itself, you can try that before having to talk to your system admin.

Try making a new profile and see if you can print from that one.  If you can, you know your profile has issues and needs to be rebuilt.  If that still doesn't work, you could be looking at permissions issues with your systems admin, or possibly other issues on your mac not related to your profile.