Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unknow Compaq IPAQ  (Read 9873 times)

GX1_Man

Re: Unknow Compaq IPAQ
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »
It is definitely USB 1.1. They can be difficult to get in if the are locked and you don't have the key. Generally these were Celeon or P3's from 500 MHZ to 1 GHz. Ypgrades were not what these were made for, and I think the max. RAM was 256 meg and room for only 1 hard drive. Onbard graphics were the only option.

Drivers are available when you know the exact model.

Everest will tell you all and I know it runs on Win2K.  ;)

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 04:26:04 AM »
Just to add a little - mine was definitely USB 1.1.  It did have 512MB of RAM and a 1GHz PIII though.  There were no upgrade options I could see - no expansion slots, no RAM upgrades, etc, I think the only way to "upgrade" would be a better HDD or possibly CPU, but then heat issues may arise from the cramped case.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 04:37:32 AM »
    sorry, I was attempting to message differntly.  Ment that you couldnt update the driver or something too them for usb 2.  Its not a big deal ment that my orginal queestion wasnt being answered.  Can we stay away from everst here.  I looked on there site but there isnt any pics to go by.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 04:41:02 AM »
    USB 1.1 to 2.0 is not a driver update, no, it's hardware.
    Unfortunately you're stuck with the slower speed on that machine.

I also meant to mention, mine didn't have a lock but did have security Torx screws (the Torx ones with a dot in the middle) which was difficult to open mainly because I'd never seen that kind of screw before.

As for finding the exact model, if there are no stickers at all on the case that you can use to ID it, your other options are to use something like Everest to get the details or to open it up and try to find a sticker inside.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 05:16:45 AM »
    Why would you not want Everest Home ? ?
    It's a pretty useful tool and it's FREE.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 05:18:44 AM »
      cause its a pain like that driver one that you keep telling people to use.  I have to wait no matter what extensively an win 7 RC testing is almost over.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:37 AM »
      I've NEVER suggested a driver app to anyone here....

Win7 RC is good til June of next year.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 05:49:42 AM »
        no but on that fourm it is.  I think I have something that may work,  I have so much programs its hard to recall this stuff.

GX1_Man

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »
        cause its a pain like that driver one that you keep telling people to use.  I have to wait no matter what extensively an win 7 RC testing is almost over.

Everest is a pain? You click on Report and press enter 3 times. Hardly painful.  ;)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »

squall...
        This is the 2nd time recently you have stated i do things that i do not do...
        Please keep your facts straight if you are going to Post something about me in future.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 05:07:57 AM »
          I'm not saing you are, I dont recall that.  The lack of flexiblity prevents me from a few things.  I've tried useing this before to only have it not work.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 06:58:03 AM »
          Look up...

cause its a pain like that driver one that you keep telling people to use.

Everest is a fairly simple program to use...

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 06:27:54 AM »
            I have more trouble useing it off line rather then when I'm on.  Its rather hard stuff to do when there are alot of machines an what not.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 06:34:40 AM »
            Actually it isn't difficult.
            Install
            Run
            Save report as text file.

Done.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 07:19:40 AM »
              I'll try it on my tester first but it was rather hard to figure it out for some reason.