Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unknow Compaq IPAQ  (Read 9928 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Unknow Compaq IPAQ
    « on: July 21, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »
    I recently got a Compaq IPAQ Pent 3 but as much as I now.  There is no tags on it so I dont now what it is.  Dont think that there are any needed drivers but I'm also haveing an issue I think with the sounds comeing out of the speaker not sure if its suppose to be like that.  But I put 2k on it an everything seems to work other then that.  But I rather have the drivers an what not just in case.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Unknow Compaq IPAQ
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »
    What does it look like?
    Is it some kind of slimline case?
    If so, I had one for a while, might be able to help.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 02:56:28 PM »
      Its a mini, with a u shape to it an push off sides an such.  Its an older unit an has ps/2 connectors, sorry for the rush of this.  I had to do it quickly at the time.  Long time no see, we need to talk.  ;)
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 04:05:36 AM »
      Mine's not quite the same, mine was some weird legacy-free version with no PS/2 ports but only 2 USB ... that was awkward to use, it really needed a USB hub if I wanted more than my keyboard and mouse plugged in.  It was very difficult to take apart, even worse to put back together, and extremely cramped inside.  I got rid of it quite quickly.
      Yours may be better for you though, doesn't sound like it's the same one.
      Good luck with it :)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 04:20:00 AM »
        there the same except this one being an older model.  I'll attempt to talk with compaq but little to go on here.

neelchauhan

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 06:41:22 AM »
        I found the drivers at:
        http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=96490
        On searchesm it is confusing between the desktop and the pocket PCs.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
          another reason why its hard to find, also cant say if those are the right ones or not.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »
          Just an FYI for those than may be reading this thread.

I had a couple of these at different times, found both of them in the trash.

The "old" iPAQ was a desktop computer.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ_(desktop_computer)

The "new" iPAQ is a PDA.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:34 PM »
          Thanks for the pictures and clarification, CC.
          My old iPAQ did look like the desltop shown, but it had no PS/2, serial, parallel ports etc - just USB, network, audio and VGA.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »
            ah that makes a little more sense.  Mine only has front usb I think but it still dont know what ether of them are.  I'm not going to be able to tell what the one is that is like calum's.  But the one that I want to use can be changed an what not with out troubles.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
            « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »
            They sure are weird ones, I believe iPAQ stood for "internet ComPAQ".  They were introduced about the time broadband internet was signing up customers faster than dial-up, around 1999-2001.

One of Compaq's last "good ideas" before being sold to HP.

Very little of it is standardized with desktop PC's, actually has more in common with some HMI PLC's (i.e. Allen-Bradley PanelView)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »
              I had the feeling when you could like add cards or anything.  Not a big deal cause of were I'm takeing it too.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
              « Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »
              I had the feeling when you could like add cards or anything.  Not a big deal cause of were I'm takeing it too.
              I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're saying.  If you're asking if iPAQ has expansion slots:  it doesn't.  BTW, USB is likely 1.1, not 2.0.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »
                ment couldnt.  thats evil you could like patch that or something?  Still have answered my orginal post here.

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »
                ment couldnt.  thats evil you could like patch that or something?  Still have answered my orginal post here.

HuH ? ?
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "