Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Hope server crash  (Read 2050 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Computer Hope server crash
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »
Just an update.

At about 3:10PM(MST) full server went down. Unfortunately I couldn't even access a shell session so I was unable to resolve the issue myself since the server is off site. I sent in a support request and had the server back up about 3:20'sh. Not exactly sure what happened but will post details later.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer Hope server crash
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »
Update:

Crashed again but while crashing had access to SSH session. Appears that it was a corrupt Forum MySQL database entry for users online. From the looks of it, it was trying to cycle entries that didn't exist or was corrupt causing it to continuously loop.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Computer Hope server crash
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:15:44 PM »
It looks like I was lucky, because I got from work, tried to access CH, couldn't, but all was fine 5 minutes later.