Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot rename or delete file when moved from one folder to another  (Read 2237 times)

fishy24

Hello. When I moved a picture I had saved from My Documents to another folder, I found that you could not rename it and view it in the other folder, but it was completely fine in My Documents. This is also the same with all the other files and I also can't delete it, but I downloaded a program called "unlocker" to delete these files. Also my brother just did "repair install" on my computer because I think it stuffed up after i did chkdsk (it said that RPC was unavailable and there were no taskbar an icons, just the wallpaper). I hope someone will be able to help me get my files back to normal  :)

* I'm using Microsoft XP and when I try to delete the file it says: Cannot delete *file name* Access denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Sorry if i haven't provided enough info. I really don't know much about computers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:01:27 AM by fishy24 »

smeezekitty