Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Running Windows Vista Firewall in Tandem with Comodo  (Read 3087 times)

leem

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Running Windows Vista Firewall in Tandem with Comodo
    « on: August 26, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
    Hi,

Having received your great advice the other day I haver thoroughly cleaned all my computers at home - and they're all running like new.

All that is, except the NEW one!!!!

I've begun to deep clean it and, am at the stage where I have just added Comodo. As the title suggests, the laptop is new and has vista. The firewall with this seems pretty competant and interjects every time u click to download something, breathe out of place or scratch your arse!!!!

Is it necessary/efficient to run another firewall such as Commodo or Zonealarm - or is the whole idea of Vista to be self sufficient????

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Running Windows Vista Firewall in Tandem with Comodo
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:54:19 AM »
    Is it necessary/efficient to run another firewall such as Commodo or Zonealarm - or is the whole idea of Vista to be self sufficient?
    No. You should only have one firewall running on your PC. Stick with Comodo, and turn off Windows Firewall.