Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer troubles big time  (Read 7247 times)

JLT

Computer troubles big time
« on: June 07, 2005, 12:35:59 PM »
About two days ago, one of my computer's broke so I started using my spare. It worked fine until I woke up in the morning and it was frozen. So I restarted it and it just wouldn't turn on. The computer it self turned on but the monitor wouldn't work. I replaced the power supply last night and bought a new video card. After I put the video card in I turned the computer on and it worked fine. For about five minutes. Then it froze again and nothing shows up on the monitor. I can't get it to work. Anyone have any ideas of anything Icould do to fix it???

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer troubles big time
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 12:40:43 PM »
Did you uninftall the old drivers for the card before installing the new one? Do you have virus protection?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 01:01:24 PM »
Are all heatsinks and fans operational and properly connected?

JLT

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:06:42 PM »
Are all heatsinks and fans operational and properly connected?

All the fans work fine, and everything seems to work fine. The lights work as the did before when the computer worked. I don't get a beep like I did before though. I couldn't uninstall the old driver before the new card went in because the computer wouldn't turn on. And when I put the new card on I was going to unistall the old and put in the new but it froze and won't turn on again.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 01:11:18 PM »
has your pc  spare  been idle for a while....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 01:11:31 PM by merlin_2 »

JLT

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 01:12:19 PM »
has your pc  spare  been idle for a while....

What do you mean by "idle", sorry I'm newb at this heheh.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 01:24:11 PM »
not used.....just sitting there..... read more here>>http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 01:26:03 PM by merlin_2 »

JLT

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 01:36:27 PM »
not used.....just sitting there..... read more here>>http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm
About a month.

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 02:11:38 PM »
Have you connected to PC to the same power outlet?

JLT

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 02:14:25 PM »
Have you connected to PC to the same power outlet?

I tried all of the outlets here to get it to work. None have made it work.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 02:27:54 PM »
    Try starting it in safe mode, then remove the old drivers and put in your new ones.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 02:56:49 PM »
      JLT........ Has the spare pc ( the one thats sat idle for a while) has it been moved to another location .........bumped , dropped or anything like that .....is it full of dust ?

You say it doesnt beep at post .......what make is it ?  IBM by any chance ?

You say the fans all run ........Do you have the case open so you can see if the fans are all running ?

Have you tried reseating the ram and any plug in cards ?

let us know

dl65  ::)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 02:57:57 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 03:30:11 PM »
      I was wondering this>>http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/mbsys/biosCorrupted-c.html

if you have install ......different..hardware you may ^upset it^ see link

JLT

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 03:47:50 PM »
      JLT........ Has the spare pc ( the one thats sat idle for a while) has it been moved to another location .........bumped , dropped or anything like that .....is it full of dust ?

You say it doesnt beep at post .......what make is it ?  IBM by any chance ?

You say the fans all run ........Do you have the case open so you can see if the fans are all running ?

Have you tried reseating the ram and any plug in cards ?

let us know

dl65  ::)

I can't run it in safe mode, because I can't get anything to show up on the monitor. All the fans are running fine.
      I dusted the whole thing with air last nite, took it apart and put it back together. I moved the RAM chips up one space to see if it was that. It wasn't. I took all of the cards out last night and put them back in, each one the next slot down, and that didn't work.
      I'm not sure what make it is. All I know is that it says AMD on the front of it.   :'( And yes, I do have the case open.

JLT

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 03:50:54 PM »
      It's working now again,  but I'm sure its just going to keep freezing up and aggrevating me. Anything I need to do to get you information help me while the computer works?