Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: This is complicated BSOD with installing an unknown HDD  (Read 2095 times)

Neotron

This is complicated BSOD with installing an unknown HDD
« on: September 29, 2009, 06:52:45 PM »
Ok so this is what happened I got a hard drive from a friend moved the jumpers to slave and cable select shut off my computer and plugged it in to the slave cable and power source. I turned on my computer and got allot of little color boxes with zero's and ones and happy face's. I shut of the computer and tried it again and it went normally I tried to format the hard drive and the computer shut down half way through. I left it off pulled the hard drive and accidentally pulled the master cable out at the same time. no big deal i thought  plugged the cable back in started the computer and got the BSOD. ok so I shut down thinking it was virus problem went into safe mode started my malwarebytes and the whole thing shut down and I got a green screen that reads just like the blue screen. I shut it down and I can not log on now I can only get on to my computer with safe mode. I need help. There is also allot of my online school stuff and allot of other files I can not loose. So if I can fix this with out loosing any files that would be great. Long I know and I hope some one on here can help.

Thanks
Clayton

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: This is complicated BSOD with installing an unknown HDD
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 07:03:50 PM »
Welcom to the CH forum.
This is the best place on this side of the planet to get help.
Somekbody will be wiht you shortly.
Bit meanwhile, have you read this: (just clink on it)

http://www.computerhope.com/search.htm?cx=003411668307610607965%3Ah4yba8pbdco&cof=FORID%3A11%3BNB%3A1&ie=UTF-8&q=defective+hard+drive&sa=Search