Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apache Server CGI Scripts using Perl Configuration  (Read 3400 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Apache Server CGI Scripts using Perl Configuration
« on: November 15, 2009, 10:10:06 PM »
Not sure if this should be Programming or Web Design, but guessing it matches Web Design more..

I am having problems trying to get a Perl CGI Script to run on an Apache 2.2.8 Server. I followed the instructions at Apache on enabling CGI scripting by uncommenting the features etc and when trying to run a Perl CGI Script ( Any Perl CGI Script ) I get an error of "500 Internal Server Error"

The Perl Script is flawless tested, and I have even attempted to run other peoples perl scripts as .cgi or .pl locally on this system to get it working before broadcasting at http://127.0.0.1:80/cgi-bin/test.cgi and same 500 error.

Apache 2.2.8 & Perl 5.10.1.1006 are both installed on this system with default installation paths and the platform is Windows XP Pro SP3 x86

I am almost wondering if Apache needs a pointer to Perl on how to handle the CGI script or maybe I am off the beaten path. Anyone have any suggestions?