Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Worm.Win32.Netsky  (Read 3661 times)

RaeGurl

Topic Starter

Starter

Worm.Win32.Netsky
    « on: December 15, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »
    My computer has Worm.Win32.Netsky. I'm using another computer as I can no longer use my other. (which is why i can't include all the file stuff) Everything was fine till a last night. A few webpages where coming up red and saying I was infected or whatever so I closed everything off. It seemed like something fake. I reboot but when I did sign back on everything was messed up.

When I first load up windows it goes to the logon screen like everything is normal but than an error pops up. scvhost.exe Application error. I close that ans sign on. I get the long Spyware Alert message. Saying Security Alert. Worm.Win32.Netsky has been detected. Describes what it is and that I should perform a system scan. During this only my desktop loads up (not my tool bar where you click start)

A few secs later a System Shutdown window pops up saying it is shutting down and it's because of RPC and there is a minute countdown.

I tried to access Task Manager (by keys) and it said it was disabled by ADMIN so tried do some RUN: then going to registry or anything trying to and that also did not work. .It said I was infected. I tried safe boot (any safe boot) but it shows all the text scrolling for a bit and then just restarts...

Allot of posts Iv run into talk of downloading things and this and that but I can't even access anything. I'm not a computer expert and really need some help. This all happened quite suddenly. Is there anyway to go delete something without loading up windows? I can access the recovery console but I don't know what to do there..Please, Please help!

*Wanted to mention that I can access the recovery console
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:28:10 AM by RaeGurl »

cat-bomb

Beginner
      • Insert Website Here
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Worm.Win32.Netsky
    « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
    Possibly a bootable cd might help. Try burning this to a cd on a computer other than your own.
    http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html