Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

I say "2010" as...

"Two thousand ten"
8 (33.3%)
"Twenty ten"
16 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: How do you say 2010?  (Read 14580 times)

Dead Reckon

Re: How do you say 2010?
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2010, 03:02:59 AM »
Most folks round here say twan-Tee-Tea-un     but, look where I live....

Gitch'll    Tell Y'all...heehee ;D

Sounds like here in Virginia... I absolutely cannot stand some of the twangy accents around here. "Y'all come back now, Y'hear!". People ask if I'm from around here 'cause I don't talk like 'em. I mean, I say some words like "Y'all", but I don't have a backwater accent like a lot of the people in this state. I'm not kidding, most of the people in this state can't even say the word "Window" without it sounding like "Winder"... I didn't even realize how annoying there accents where 'til I read what you said Street.

Then again, this was, and, in the minds of some individuals, still is the capital of the South... So, that explains the accent, possibly the lack of the ability to multitask aswell. Example being, they cannot operate the accelerator and steering wheel in there car at the same time so we get quite a few cars wrapped around trees here... That, and the number of SUV's and pickups definitely tells you your in the South... Here an extended cab Ford F150 is the family car, it seats four, hauls everything they need (even the huge buck they claim they shot but noone ever saw). This is also a state where it is legal to own a "machine gun", as in any kind of automatic weapon so long as its registered with the state police and your a VA resident who has no record of criminal or mental health issues. So hearing 'em say something like "twan-Tee-Tea-un" isn't all that surprising when you get down to the facts, fact being, this place is the south in most locals heads, and it always will be.

So, I myself stand out a bit here. I always get asked "You ain't from 'round here are ya'?".

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: How do you say 2010?
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 01:22:33 AM »
Good reply Dead Reck'n. You got my vote...lol
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.