Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help installing Matrox G450, please  (Read 2329 times)

roshcats

Topic Starter

Rookie

Help installing Matrox G450, please
    « on: January 03, 2010, 11:57:53 AM »
    I would appreciate some assistance letting me know where I could find the correct driver for this video card, Matrox G450 32 MB Dual Head AGP Video Card. I purchased it off ebay (item #170408830746

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

if you want to look at it to see exactly what I bought) and I am instaling to a Compaq with onboard video with XP. I found this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...;product=240109

which gives step by step instructions to install. But since I bought this off ebay I do not have a disk to install the driver and I would not know when to install the driver per those directions. If I could get someone to give me link to the correct driver, since I am finding what seems like 100 different links to install drivers and I don't know which one is correct. Let me know if the install instructions are right and when should I install the driver. I thought at step 6 I would not have any video since I would have already changed the BIOS. I like I said I am a novice.

Thank you in advance
    Robert

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Help installing Matrox G450, please
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »
    I have that card too. I recently upgraded the BIOS. It works good in XP. But both Vista  and Windows 7 have a hard time. You have to get the drivers from Natrox.
    Yu may have to experment. They offe different versions of the drivers.