Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics Card  (Read 2228 times)

Dave C

Graphics Card
« on: June 29, 2005, 05:54:02 AM »
My system is a AMD XP2600+, 1GB PC2700 DDR and MSI KT4V with an MX440AGP.

The graphics card is pants so Im looking to replace it. My question is, if the processor, motherboard and memory are all running at 333mhz, am I wasting my time buying a GF 6600GT, will this card be limited by the rest of my system or else are graphics cards a stand alone thing?

My thinking is the PC is as slow as its slowest process?

thanks

Raptor

Re: Graphics Card
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 06:00:37 AM »
Your graphic card can indeed only work as fast as the slowest component in your system will allow it to.

what are the specifications of the GF 6600GT?

For use with your system I would recommend something along the lines of an ATI/Radeon 9800Pro. Or the Nvidia counterpart. Not that Nvidia could ever counter ATI/Radeon, but you get my drift.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Graphics Card
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 06:03:40 AM »
Using a ATI Radeon Pro in a machine here (about the same specs as your system below) and it works great. Also remember just because the video card may be a high performance video card doesn't mean you cant move it over to your next computer when you build it.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein