Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Every 1 Must Read  (Read 11950 times)

the_mad_joker

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Every 1 Must Read
    « on: January 26, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »
    Hey Admin -Sorry 4 this Topic  :-[

Dont u Think That Der Should b A Section Where Illegal Things Should B Discussed

Just 4 Knowledge Purpose 8)

For Ex : Game RIPS , Torrents , etc

Dont look At it With Negative attitude

Illegal Stuff Also Has Much of Knowledge 2 Discuss

I Think M0st Of Knowledge lies in Illegal stuff

So Admin - If yes I THANK u 4 Dat  (| I Beg 4 It  |V|

If No - pls Think on it  :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Every 1 Must Read
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »
    I'll take this one if I may  8)

There are any number of "underground" forums that do that. Reputable sites such as this will not be among them.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:34:08 AM »
    Take the "_joker" part out of your username. What do you think you're some kind of h4ck3r or something? ::)

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:00:09 AM »
    Maybe you should read the rules and realize that WE DONT DO THAT HERE! THIS IS A COMPUTER HELP FORUM, NOT A "Learn to be 1337 h4x0r" FORUM!
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:17:43 AM by patio »
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
    Didn't we just discuss this in Computer Hope's thread? That's not your job. If you think someone shouldn't be here report the post to a staff member. But it's not our place to tell someone to leave.

And regardless of what you think about the question (and I may, in fact, agree), it was asked in a polite and respectful manner.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:21:04 AM by Allan »

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »
    Didn't we just discuss this in Computer Hope's thread? That's not your job. If you think someone shouldn't be here report the post to a staff member. But it's not up to us to tell someone to leave.

And regardless of what you think about the question (and I may, in fact, agree), it was asked in a polite and respectful manner.
    I'm sorry that the post was rude. I'm just tired of __ thinking they're hackers because they can open up the command prompt and edit some files, but ask for ILLEGAL additions to a help forum.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:40:41 AM by patio »
    Where's MagicSpeed?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
    Posts edited for content...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
    I see our discussion in the other section was not very productive.....

Lasted less than 2 weeks.

Dissappointing.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 11:09:20 AM »
    Illegal Stuff Also Has Much of Knowledge 2 Discuss

No, actually, it doesn't, and there isn't.

I Think M0st Of Knowledge lies in Illegal stuff

and there isn't... wait a second is that a bloody ZERO used as an o? oh dear gawd...

What about game ripping or game torrents contains "knowledge"? Circumventing the protection on nearly any software program is *censored* near trivial, with the right tools. And, by tools, I don't mean "hacker crap downloaded from the internet with a UI designed by a dyslexic weasel on crack" I mean legitimate tools that actually have useful information, like regmon, filemon, process explorer, and process monitor.

A Prime example; I once had a trial version of some old Paint Shop Pro program installed; I didn't have internet on any of my machines, and either way, the trial period expired. So I used registry monitor and file monitor while I started the program up and was able to determine exactly what was causing the trial version to,well, act like a trial.

Turns out jasc, in their infinite wisdom, used a registry key called "registered" which was either 1 (for the full version) or 0 (for the trial). Yeah, very secure. Of course the newer versions are a lot better, but the fact remains that no matter WHAT the protection method it's perpetually trivial to override for people who know what they are doing.

But here's the thing. The people who know what they are doing don't waste their time with such fruitless pursuits. You don't learn a damned thing from it anyway, regardless of your statements to the contrary. And this is even more so with games.

What in the heck can you possibly learn from, for example, installing a crack for a game? How to double-click a trojan horse? and allow it admin access without a second thought? hmm, not something I would put high on the "intellectually sound" list of things to do.

Is this somehow related to your perpetual need for information regarding "inject.exe" and how you don't understand it's switches? I did a search for "WAVE injector" and found numerous links, mostly pointing to things relating to the PSP. remember  that the PSP is a game system. not much you learn about that when it comes to injecting wave files with automated tools.

Another interesting point is that "hacking" forums seem to have members who have no concept of "appropriate signatures" and often have avatars that are like 800x600 or something and signatures that take up half the screen. Needless to say I tend to avoid using software designed by people who don't understand the concept of brevity.

And lastly I've noticed that these "tools" do absolutely nothing useful. From what I can tell all they do is move the file. they don't actually have to parse the RIFF header and the WAVE date at all, which would at least garner an ounce of respect. instead they are simply a crappily skinned FILE MOVER that, like so many hacker tools, decides that everybody wants to listen to some crappy techno midi while their program is open.

Needless to say, once again, I have absolutely no respect for ANYBODY who produces a program that is designed for a VERY BASIC task; for example, something like running a relatively basic key generation algorithm- and turn it into some sort of artistic expression. Screw standard User interface design! let's make buttons with labels that are entire sentences! And what? Why NOT put some awful loud music in the background!

The programs these people produce are a mishmash of copied code from other "hackers" that was crap to begin with. Like:

Code: [Select]
    'yo doods I found how to flip a true false bitny type var eeesy:

Sub Flipvar(varflip)
        if varflip=true then varflip=false else varflip=true
    end sub

I love it; these "hackers" have absolutely no idea what they are doing, they basically add some code in front of or behind some other hackers code who may have actually been smart enough to do something like have a trojan inside the program, so now all the "derived works" from that one will also have a trojan horse installed, so even though the SUPREEM VBSCREEPT HAKOR was able to add a single line to that programs INI file and redistribute that entire thing as his own it still infects people. And of course the people on the receiving end are well deserving of their fate anyway since almost all of them are running pirate versions of "MICROSHAFT WINBLOWS" and of course never shut up about how much microsoft sucks and yet aren't intelligent enough to actually use something else like Linux, or even better, they do use Linux and don't realize that graphical Sudo is pretty much the same idea as UAC. and they post quotes from Full metal jacket that they wrongly attribute to something like "dood this is from the call of doody movs"

But they don't use Linux because then they "canst run theirs crax d00d" So of course they continually ramble in their forums about how this feature of windows sucks and how they wish they could disable "X" feature and then go on to post a screenshot that distinctly shows a checkbox of the form "enable X feature" that is checked. Of course they don't actually post a screenshot at first, it takes a few exchanges before somebody finds out how to post, so basically it turns into a 5 post thread where 4 of those pages are all the 3l33t haxors trying to figure out how to post an image, with posts containing text like

Quote from: haxorman512
    Quote from: leetd00d42
    haxormaxzz you haz to use the hard bbcode stuf if u wants to hax in a pic
    file://C:\users\hackerman\documents\icanha~1.jpe

d00ds this f0rum is so made by m$ can't even attach mah jpag fil. lol
    but I was so haxoring in the IRK yeestordey and I ownd the channel dood I was all "/join haxor" and then I had haxored the haxor channel and everyone was kicksors and I was so the kings!
    This is my signature. many people have a signature, but this one is mine.

oh doods my favourite quote from call of doody: PRIVATE PYLE IS ALL "I CAN HAZ DONUT!" HAHA LOL KTHXBAI

The saddest part of the above is it contains very little exaggeration.

And personally I would prefer that most of our members at least took some basic lessons in sentence structure, or more precisely, have a little common sense.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »

And personally I would prefer that most of our members at least took some basic lessons in sentence structure, or more precisely, have a little common sense.
    Ahhhh - poor grammar and horrific spelling by those whose first language is English - Now you've hit MY sore spot. I am constantly amazed and dismayed by the inability of people on public forums to communicate in a grammatically correct (or even close to correct) manner - especially adolescents who don't understand how important it is to be able to speak and write effectively to get ahead in this world.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
    The term "hacker" has become so negative I not longer use it when refering to my long history as am e;electronic hobbyist.

There are many, many others sites that will entertain this kind of   individual. Please allow me to post one of the more informative and less harmful. Sort of.

Link removed.. Geek please use text...

Warning. Before you click on the link, restart Fire Fox in safe mood. Otherwise you may get unwanted pop-ups.

If he wants a life of crime, he should read that link.   8)
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:23:38 PM by patio »

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    « Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »
    Ahhhh - poor grammar and horrific spelling by those whose first language is English - Now you've hit MY sore spot. I am constantly amazed and dismayed by the inability of people on public forums to communicate in a grammatically correct (or even close to correct) manner - especially adolescents who don't understand how important it is to be able to speak and write effectively to get ahead in this world.

how true , i blame msn typing and texting for the problem with the young

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 12:43:11 PM »
    The term "hacker" has become so negative I not longer use it when refering to my long history as am e;electronic hobbyist.

I also dislike the bastardization of what was once a docile term that meant you knew what you were doing for the most part, but were just sort of winging it. It's still used in programming circles; a quick workaround can either be a hack or elegant, depending on exactly how it works around it; something like subclassing an entire window and subverting particular messages would likely be deemed "hacky" but one that simply changes a library functions behaviour via documented methods would likely be termed "elegant".

Now the term has become so bastardized that it's impossible to use the term when you mean it's original definition unless you want to educate everybody who hears you about what the word really means, so it's hardly worth the effort.

It gets worse... I know somebody who cannot even SAY what they want; they call things by erroneous names... a dishwasher is a washing machine... the stove is a microwave... and of course if you say anything they state "you know what I mean"... sigh...

Now, people who are using english as a second or third language- you can usually tell who these are right away, and I find it a lot easier to understand them then those whose first language is english and are simply too lazy to write effectively.

I remember, in high school for the most part I would submit my essays hand written; why? well, because everytime I submitted it as a print-out, they suspected I plagiarized it. It was flattering I suppose but eventually I got so tired of the bumbling accusations that I just decided to not bother printing them out at all. Which worked alright since the final exam was a hand-written essay and unlike my classmates I was no stranger to those by that time.

I tend to agree Harry; I say those would be the main two causes as well; instant messengers/chats and cellphone texting. Never understood the fascination of being able to send texts to people. last I checked the word "phone" had some meaning based on sound. When I was younger me and my grandmother would often exchange "snail-mail" letters. Much more personal, if not quite as speedy :); the benefits of good penmanship cannot be overrated, either.

harry 48

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    « Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »
    take away young people's , phone's ,  electronic game's , pc's , tv's for 1 day per week and it might make them talk to family and friend's

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »
    Umm ..., harry, what's the cause of that phenomena with old geezers?  You never capitalize.  And, you do know sentences end with a period, right?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »
    Umm ..., harry, what's the cause of that phenomena with old geezers?  You never capitalize.  And, you do know sentences end with a period, right?

Oh, let me try! Also, "friend's" shouldn't  have an apostrophe there, neither should tv's, pc's, game's, phone's, or people's... well, maybe peoples, since that's implying possession.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »
    Another one of my linguistic peeves - "phenomena". You hear it misused on TV all the time too. Phenomena, like "data", is plural. The singular is "phenomenon" ;)

harry 48

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    « Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 02:07:48 PM »
    us old geezers don't care any more we have done all that short of stuff in the past we

don't have to impress  ;D any-one any more ;D

we write , sleep , drive , eat how we like , when we like  :rofl:

at least we can write big word's and big long sentence's that people can read   ;D

they may not be right ,   (| but do i look like i really care  :rofl:

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 02:09:19 PM »
    at least we can write big word's and big long sentence's that people can read   ;D

the longest word in that post is "sentence's" and it shouldn't have an apostrophe.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    « Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »
    Another one of my linguistic peeves - "phenomena". You hear it misused on TV all the time too. Phenomena, like "data", is plural. The singular is "phenomenon" ;)
    Having made a serious blunder, soybean weeps profusely.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »
    That's okay. I'm getting a kick out of the turn this thread has taken. Haven't had a chance to make use of my undergrad in English for a very long time ;D

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
    So  if data are plural, why can't we cal it them datas?

Well., because...

Datas is a Brazilian municipality located in the north-center of the state of Minas Gerais. Its population as of 2007 was 5,418 living in a total area of 309 km². The city belongs to the statistical mesoregion of Jequitinhonha and to the statistical microregion of Diamantina. It became a municipality in 1962.

In the above qutoe the term is singular even though it has 5,318 separate entities.

Her ye Her yw... let it be know to all...

DATA are plural
        DATAS is singular

I have been waiting so long to post that.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »
    So then, what is a piece of data?

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »
    So then, what is a piece of data?
    datum

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 03:34:42 PM »

DATA are plural

data IS plural, not are

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 03:43:10 PM »

DATA are plural
        DATAS is singular

DATA is plural.
    DATUM is singular.
    BACTERIA is plural.
    BACTERIUM is singular.
    Where's MagicSpeed?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
    hmm, plural words of that sort have different conjugation rules; you don't say, "the data are all saved" you say "the data is all saved" same with bacteria... the words are treated more like a singular word grammatically, even though they are plural.

evilfantasy

• Malware Removal Specialist

• Genius
    • Calm like a bomb
    « Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 03:54:03 PM »
    Click to enlarge:

;D

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »
    hmm, plural words of that sort have different conjugation rules; you don't say, "the data are all saved" you say "the data is all saved" same with bacteria... the words are treated more like a singular word grammatically, even though they are plural.

I remember learning about that sort of thing before...

Like PANTS is singular yet plural...or how water can't be plural...
    Where's MagicSpeed?

harry 48

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    « Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »
    I remember learning about that sort of thing before...

Like PANTS is singular yet plural...or how water can't be plural...

can you not have one pant ?

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »
    can you not have one pant ?
    Nope...that is a pant LEG...
    Where's MagicSpeed?

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »
    pant2  

pant [pant]
    (plural pants)
    n
     trousers: a pair of trousers (formal)  

[Late 19th century. Back-formation.]
    Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »
    English can be fun - for example, there are some words which can mean the exact opposite of themselves (ie, "cleave")

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 04:08:19 PM »
    My dog pants a lot .
    That activity annoys me.
    So would I say:
    My dog's pants annoys me.
    = OR =
    My dog's pants annoy me.

Next up. The word for when you have more that one mongoose.   ???

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 04:09:03 PM »

Next up. The word for when you have more that one mongoose.   ???

Mongooses.

evilfantasy

• Genius
    • Calm like a bomb
    « Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
    Virus's viruses or virii? ???

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #36 on: January 26, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
    Virus's viruses or virii? ???
    Would it not be viri?
    Cactus --> Cacti
    us --> i
    Virus --> Viri?
    Where's MagicSpeed?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #37 on: January 26, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »
    Virii.

Cacti.

Fungi.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #38 on: January 26, 2010, 04:21:32 PM »
    Virii.

Cacti.

Fungi.
    Ohh...one of English's many exceptions.
    Where's MagicSpeed?

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »
    Oddly enough virii is not a word. The plural is viruses

evilfantasy

• Genius
    • Calm like a bomb
    « Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
     :o

Use of the form virii http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural_form_of_words_ending_in_-us#Use_of_the_form_virii

Usage of virii within Internet communities has met with some resistance, most notably by Tom Christiansen, a figure in the Perl community, who researched the issue and wrote what eventually became referred to in various online discussions as the authoritative essay on the subject,[6] favoring viruses instead of virii. The impetus of this discussion was the potential irony that the use of virii could be construed as a claim of superior knowledge of language when in fact more detailed research finds the naive viruses is actually more appropriate.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
    Although a gentleman claimed to write the definitive paper on why virii was not a proper usage Article Here...   i didn't pay him much mind as i thought his premise was flawed to begin with...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 04:27:58 PM »
     ;D   ;D   

Oddly enough virii is not a word.

And i sir will dissagree...

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
    Well, feel free - but viruses is correct ;)

rthompson80819

Specialist

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 04:30:24 PM »
    English can be fun - for example, there are some words which can mean the exact opposite of themselves (ie, "cleave")

I had to look that one up.  According to dictionary.com one meaning of the word cleave is

to adhere closely; stick; cling

although I have never heard it used that way.

I have always heard it used to split.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
    There is also the school that subscribes to the "common usage" point of view. For example, I cringe when I hear "irregardless". But it has been added to most dictionaries as "uncommon form" or "common usage" meaning it's used so widely, albeit incorrectly, that it can no longer be considered 100% wrong.

harry 48

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Dribbling Pensioner
    « Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 04:45:13 PM »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »
    It is so sad that now nobody can be 100% wrong!

Ironman

Hopeful
    • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
      • Yes
      • My Personal Site
    « Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »
    what happened to the mad joker?

rthompson80819

Specialist

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 05:55:59 PM »
    what happened to the mad joker?

This post started making sense so he bailed out.

Ironman

Hopeful
    • Virtus, Veneratio, Fidelitas
      • Yes
      • My Personal Site
    « Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

:rofl:

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
    A ship with a whole too big to patch...
    Where's MagicSpeed?

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 05:45:37 AM »
    Whole?

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 08:10:19 AM »
    A ship with a whole too big to patch...
    Whole?

I guess the "whole" ship would be bigger then the "hole" that was needing to be patched.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!