Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: php noob question  (Read 3023 times)

neljan

Topic Starter

Adviser

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
php noob question
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »
Hello ;)

I/we very much need a php script for our clan site which will enable x amount of users to enter their times for 32 different fields and have those times displayed in a particular order.

Please see here:

[Rv] R e v o l u t i o n

This is currently all done by one person updating HTML and is extremely time consuming and tedius (takes me weeks to compile the data and another 2/3 weeks to update HTML) :(

Please can someone point me in the right direction on how I can find/write such a script?

Thank you in advance.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: php noob question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
You'd probably have to adapt one of these to work with the type of format you want. But the first thing that came to mind is setting up some type of PHP ladder, I recall setting up a ranking type system similar to what your clan has for a Wow Guild I was part of. It could work for your type of situation. Unfortunately it's been a few years for me since I messed with it and it seems the one we used is gone and most now days seem to charge you or are no longer available.

The only free one I could find that looked semi decent is: http://kmleague.net/

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein