Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: STOLEN DOMAIN QUESTION?  (Read 2023 times)

leeleigh

STOLEN DOMAIN QUESTION?
« on: November 29, 2005, 05:22:07 PM »
Well, it finally occurred to me that my domain name was 'legally' stolen, since the renewal notice they sent me went to an email account that I had closed. My fault, I guess. So I missed getting to renew my domain name and someone scarfed it up. NOW if I would like to have it back, I have to pay a minimum of $888!! I only paid about $5 to begin with!!!
MY QUESTION IS......what is the best way to go about getting my domain name back without paying that outrageous price? How can I be perched and ready to pounce, just like they were, to buy this back when it expires again?
Also, if this question could better be answered in a different category, please advise. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
:-/

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: STOLEN DOMAIN QUESTION?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 02:52:16 PM »
Unfortunately the only options you have are:

1. Pay the outragous ransom.
2. Wait until that domain expires (hoping no one else buys it) and then buy it.
3. Get a different domain.

Because it expired it's no longer your domain and 100% all in the hands of the new owner.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

merlin_2

Re: STOLEN DOMAIN QUESTION?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 03:12:17 PM »
Contact the people or persons concerned,in selling the domain to you:Read the distant contract.