Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to restore computer back to day one?  (Read 5266 times)

kgl1998

How to restore computer back to day one?
« on: January 14, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »
 :-? If anyone can help me this problem please let me know. I was told it could be done, but the person did not know how to do it.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: How to restore computer back to day one?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 08:31:56 PM »
If you're wanting to erase your computer back to like it was when you first got it you will need to format (erase) and then reinstall Windows and all your software.

Additional information about doing this can be found on the below link:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000186.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

kgl1998

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 09:04:38 PM »
I read the solution to my problem, but maybe you can understand something else. I  tried to restore to past date but it would not let me. Is there a way that I can restore it back maybe a week or so. I do not understand why it will not let me when I tried. I may have not done it right.

kgl1998

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
Can some one please help me? My computer is not working properly and I depend on it for my income. Please let me know how to restore without losing all my information. I do not understand how to restore it to a earlier date other than all the helpful info that was giving to me earlier from you. I have been told that it can be done.

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 10:37:21 PM »
I do not understand why it will not let me when I tried. I may have not done it right.

Precisely.

Have a read here, courtesy of Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

I expect you will have multiple other problems - spyware, adware and or virii. Even if you clean them, you will reinfect the system with system restore, but give that a go and see what you get. Let us know.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »
Additionally if the above link does not help answer your question about Window's XP restore you may also want to review the below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000589.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein