Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB Lexmark, Windows ME  (Read 4769 times)

DrBrena

USB Lexmark, Windows ME
« on: July 24, 2004, 01:11:51 AM »
 :'(   :'(   :'(  

I had bought an HP Pavilion a couple years ago.

I also bought a Lexmark Z12.  After a year that Z12 developed a "communication problem".  So I bought a Z22.  It worked for a year.  It has now developed the same "communication problem".  

I also, have a Z25 which I've tried on this same PC now and it does not work, for the same reason.  My Neighbor brought his Lexmark 1150 and it doesn't work either, the same communication problem.  (Problem Communicating with the Printer.)  I swapped out USB cables.  No go.  I Uninstalled and reinstalled Dozens of times.  No go.  I unplugged, uninstalled replugged then reinstalled, no go.  I've tried it with a USB Hub and without.  I've tried it on the front USB port and the back.  No go.  Yet my Iomega Zip CD burner still works in either USB port, as does my Kodak Digital Cameras.  

Lexmark has been no help.  Do you have any ideas?

I am hours away from the looney bin over this!!!  Help!!!

Raptor

Re: USB Lexmark, Windows ME
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 02:29:51 AM »
Universal  Serias Bus Information And Troubleshooting

Perhaps upgrading your USB software will suffice.

2k dummy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 09:11:07 AM »
Lexmarks are flakey like that. Check the printer properties and see if it set as the default printer. Also check to see if it has defaulted to LPT1 instead USB. Sometimes it helps if you turn off the power to the printer, shut down (not restart), turn the printer power on, then reboot. If you must reinstall the Lexmark software, go into control panel and delete any Lexmark printers that show up before reinstalling.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 02:32:22 PM »
Right-click the my computer icon then properties tab device manager are there any yellow exclamation marks showing? or  a short cut windows key on keyboard plus the pause key together=device manager..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 03:01:28 PM by merlin_2 »

Bren

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 01:58:13 AM »
I have done all of these.  The Lexmark people have been no help.  The only thing I have not done was mess with the BIOS (I won't do that because I don't know what I'd be doing).  I have 3 printers here and none worker.

Bren

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 01:58:50 AM »
I have done all of these.  The Lexmark people have been no help.  The only thing I have not done was mess with the BIOS (I won't do that because I don't know what I'd be doing).  I have 3 printers here and none worker.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 04:33:31 PM »
i have a lexmark printer no problem 3 years old and still working............the issue maybe bandwith problem how may usb devices have you got?go back into the device manager universal host controllers click+ sign/properties/advanced tab untick  the disable usb error detection box....or remove the usb printer and re-boot ...<unplug it first...load the software first  then hardware...