Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DX10  (Read 4736 times)

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    Re: DX10
    « Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 06:29:39 AM »
    Monitors give you headaches because of refresh rate (does not equal frames per second), and if your eyes are too close, tiring your close-vision muscles.

At that resolution I'm not sure, but one will definately be more than enough for 1280x1024, and probably enough for 1600xwahtever. You don't HAVE to always run at max resolution, by the way ;)

I'm not too sure about how these duel cards work, but perhaps it would be possible for you to just buy one, see what it's like, and then buy another one if you feel it is required?

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 07:46:06 AM »
      -TV programs are usually only 25FPS because thats all u need to enjoy them. When ur playing a game at 25FPS, u can see a huge difference.

If he wanted to play at 1280x1024 the he should have bough a 17" monitor. Buying a 20"+ monitor isnt a good idea unless u want to play old games or have 2 cards, and even then its still hard. Once Quad-SLi gets better known it might become a better idea. But if u buy a 24" monitor ur screwed, cause there is nothing that can give u 60FPS at 25x17 with any eye candy.
      That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

Neil

Expert
        « Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 09:19:34 AM »
        Track, why would it be so difficult to just play on a lower resolution using a 20" monitor? They do not have to work at maximum you know. Especially if it is a CRT; it's only LCD that don't look so good when not at native resolution.

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »
          Track, why would it be so difficult to just play on a lower resolution using a 20" monitor? They do not have to work at maximum you know. Especially if it is a CRT; it's only LCD that don't look so good when not at native resolution.

Because when u spend THAT much on a card, u want it to be able to get MAX resolution. Thats why i have a 17" monitor.

Who said it was a CRT?

Neil

Expert
            « Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 12:36:31 PM »
            So you're saying with one 7900GTX I can play those games on all high and on the res. of a 21inch monitor? Is it possible with 1 7900GT?

I was talking to this person ^^^. He has not specified his type of monitor.

We've all kind of gathered that you're rich and can afford the best of the best, so you don't need to keep reminding us about it. Because we don't care.

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 02:34:57 PM »
              So you're saying with one 7900GTX I can play those games on all high and on the res. of a 21inch monitor? Is it possible with 1 7900GT?

I was talking to this person ^^^. He has not specified his type of monitor.

We've all kind of gathered that you're rich and can afford the best of the best, so you don't need to keep reminding us about it. Because we don't care.

Holy *censored*!
              Thats the most pathetic thing ive ever heard.
              Everything in my country costs double what u pay and i barely have any money, and now im the "rich" guy? Jerk.

joe_tucker

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »
              All right, cool deal.
              I think I'll go with the 7900GT since it's twice as cheap and it's almost as good as the 7900GTX.
              Hopefully it will all work out. Thanks for your help.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
                • Me
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »
              Please keep it civil gentlemen.  Thank you.
              Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos