Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video codecs  (Read 3409 times)

erik smith

video codecs
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:21:28 PM »
i recently installed a ati usb wonder 2.0 anddidnt like it much so i uninstalled it...the problem is now all my videos are messed up...there all really bright...like i said i uninstalled everything, were else can i look that might have been changed?

Raptor

Re: video codecs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 04:03:31 PM »
ATI USB Wonder 2.0? What did the USB part do?

erik smith

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 04:37:32 PM »
the usb part is for external,  you can use if you dont want to go the pci route and put it in your system.  after i fought with it to get it installed (ended up goin to ati.com to get the drivers)  i found it was chppy and poor picture so i uninstalleld it now my wmv files are screwed up....my quicktime movies are good though so what should i do to fix it?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 03:12:02 AM »
Have you tried to reinstall Windows Media Player? It may automatically reconvert your WMV files.

erik smith

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 04:38:37 AM »
ok i did this and their still real bright.  i might just reinstall everything fix a couple of my problems...unless you got anymore ideas?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 05:00:13 AM »
I wasn't able to think of anything else, if no one else has any other suggestions the other thing you may want to try doing before erasing everything and starting over is doing a system recovery and restore the system back to before you installed the ATI USB device.

Additional information about doing this can be found at:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000589.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 05:17:50 AM »
you could try ....on rebooting hold dpwn the f8 and chose last good config......or go to wmp/ tools/options and see if the enable automatic codecs box is ticked?..if not tick it?

bill_smith

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 12:17:14 AM »
it nothing else works for you try this site there is a list of 50 diffrent codecs just pick the one you want and install it ......... there is even a program to check your video and tell you what codec you need.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=6#6
hope this helps  ;D