Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forgot BIOS password  (Read 3044 times)

Saajuk

Forgot BIOS password
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »
Have a Samsung NP-Q430 series laptop and forgot my password to enter bios. It says its manufacturer is phoenix so I tried some backdoor passwords I found on the internet (BIOS, CMOS, phoenix, PHOENIX) but they did not work. I want to try and avoid having to take apart my laptop to remove the battery. Is there any safe program you can recommend that will bypass the pw? any adive is appreciated. I know I should not have put a pw on it to begin with.

Trying to move over my OS to another harddrive and I need to boot from this external drive so getting in is a must.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Forgot BIOS password
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
You must have already read the article here on CH about BIOS password.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000235.htm
The above info is now outdated.

General Information: Newer laptop computers will have password protection you can NOT be easily break. People have asked for it, and the time has come.
So this You Tube video o is of no help for the better laptops
How to reset bios password

Windows 8 already has some new things that make password breaking near impossible on laptops with the right hardware.
Windows 8: security features

If you just can not remember, you will have to contact the manufacturer of uyour new laptop.
If the above solutions do not help or you are unable to locate the jumpers or solder beads, it's recommended you contact the computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for the steps on clearing the computer password.

Best I can do for you.  :)

Saajuk

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 08:46:08 PM »
well thanks but was getting impatient so i opened it up and reset battery, worked =p

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
Glad you got it to work.
Next time use the birthday of  a family member in number format.
On the bottom of the laptop write the name of the person.
And repeat after me:
You will remember.
You will remember.
You will remember.