Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Partition Bootup.. This one's wierd  (Read 11625 times)

Prodigy

Partition Bootup.. This one's wierd
« on: March 24, 2004, 04:31:40 PM »
Okay, I deleted my linux partition of my harddrive and made my C: bigger because I had 2mb left of space. But anyways, I dont know what i did wrong but when i restarted i still had the linux/windows option and when i clicked windows it game me this:

Booting 'windows'

rootnoverify (hd0,2)
chainloader +1

Error 22: No suck partition

PRess any key to continue.

But.. this is an option to edit the line when it boots up.. but i have no idea what to put. I really need help, i can't lose all my files :D

MetalMilitia

Re: Partition Bootup.. This one's wierd
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 06:03:07 AM »
Ok what you need to do is, boot from the XP CD into the recovery console then log into your XP partition. Then you need to run 'FDISK /MBR' This should overwrite the linux boot loader to the windows XP default and fix the problem.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Partition Bootup.. This one's wierd
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 06:28:27 PM »
Unfortunately FDISK /MBR does not always resolve this type of an issue. You may also want to try reviewing the below link for additional recommendations.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000574.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein