Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apple anti-theft system would leave thieves powerless様iterally  (Read 3418 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Great idea..

Nearly everyone has heard of "iPod muggings"葉hieves targeting unsuspecting users on the street because of the presence of those signature white headphones that indicate there's an expensive gadget on the other end. Of course, iPod users aren't the only ones who have ever had gadgets stolen容verything from CD players (yes, some people still use those) to PDAs to GPS units to cell phones have been attractive targets for thieves for years now. And while there have been some attempts to dissuade thieves from stealing our things, most have been pretty easy to get around. But what if a thief knew that if he (or she) stole that iPod, it would only have one charge cycle left before it became useless?

Link
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Richenstony

Re: Apple anti-theft system would leave thieves powerless様iterally
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
See i have a simple solution to this...... change the headphones....... in my grandfathers area muggings for i-pods started going up more than mobile phones .... the sheer volume of attacks for i-pods was so bad it was printed in are uk paper the sun .... and the willisden brent / times.. i have been approached a few times buy theifs ....  and i just went bezerk like full on NUTS...... and i was lucky than ran off..... but it is true change those headphones and to be frank there not that good anyway....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tony :)