Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unusual Disconnection, need help (screenshot added)  (Read 3830 times)

noidea

Topic Starter

Unusual Disconnection, need help (screenshot added)
    « on: June 18, 2008, 10:32:11 AM »
    This has been going on for days... The problem is my wireless connection remains on Excellent condition however I keep on losing connection after sometime with any application I use that needs internet connection. It's not indicating a lost in connection at all, It's just my applications (commonly internet explorer and yahoo messenger) just become non-responsive all of a sudden.

Could you please tell me what could be causing this and what are the possible fixes that I need to do?

Thank you

Edit:

"PC specs"

OS - MS Windows XP
            Version 2002

HP Compaq nx7400

Details - Geniune Intel(R) CPU
             T2400 @ 1.83 GHz
             1.99 GB of RAM

i did not install any new programs, just visited a bunch of sites for my research and i have already conducted a full scan to check for viruses and *wares... tried to defrag as well...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:55:53 AM by noidea »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Unusual Disconnection, need help
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

noidea

Topic Starter

Re: Unusual Disconnection, need help
      « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:29 PM »
      sorry about that, ive added the specs; in addition, the problem its not specifically on a certain program, but rather something must've been cutting off or blocking my connection for aduration without notice of some sort...