Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet quickly disconnects randomly  (Read 3413 times)

invincib1e

Internet quickly disconnects randomly
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:15:10 AM »
It's something to do with my computer - the internet, router, and wireless card all work fine, with up to date drivers.  It does the same when I wire directly to the router.  I've used 2 different routers and modems, so it's not them either.

The internet will randomly disconnect, but only for a couple seconds.  It will reconnect again right away.  This wouldn't be a huge deal, but I'm a gamer, and it's very noticeable and frustrating.

My computer has also had this 'slowing problem', I'm not sure if they're related. Sometimes when the CPU usage will jump to 100% everything is in 'slow-motion'.  It's most noticeable when I'm listening to music, the music will slow down, like playing a record slower, for just a couple seconds.  This usually only happens when I have a downloading program running, but it didn't used to do that, and shouldn't. 

Has anyone else had this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cross-posting under Windows.  Thank you.

norse

Re: Internet quickly disconnects randomly
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »
i know this is an old issue, but im having the same problem...any suggestions would be great.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »
    please, to avoid confusion, just make a new topic.  You will get a faster response that way :)

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »
    Norse, Start a new topic and also look here:
    We need more information. Please look here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html