Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I-tune  (Read 7933 times)

Witchdoctor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I-tune
    « on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »
    Hi, every time I try to rip songs from my iTune, a message pops up" Registry setting used by iTunes for importing and burning Cd & DVDs are missing, reinstall in itune"

I updated the itune and tried reinstalling the software on line to no avail, can somebody help please

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

Witchdoctor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: I-tune
      « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 09:23:07 AM »
      Thank you so much Allan, I can now burn Cd's from my Itunes, can I now go ahead and hide the file extension?? I now have 2 icons on my desktop window i.e desktop.ini

Once more GOOD JOB and thank you ;)

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 09:24:54 AM »
      You can delete any desktop icons you like - that's all they are, icons. I don't know what you mean about hiding the file extension.

And you're very welcome.

Witchdoctor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 09:33:34 AM »
        following the instructions.......I was asked to go into Control Panel............

This step requires that your pc be set up to show extensions for known file types.  Which means if you look at any file in your c:\ drive it will show up as afs.sys not just afs.  If you don’t see the .sys or .exe or .doc, etc when looking at your files please see TGM post “Showing hidden files, folders and extensions” ( http://techgeekandmore.com/2009/10/24/software-showing-hidden-files-folders-and-extensions-in-windows-vista-and-windows-7/) and follow those steps 1st.

– Once you know you can see the file extensions, open My computer –> C:\ –> Windows –> System32 –> Drivers.  In the drivers folder look for a file called afs.sys (There is also one called afd.sys, do not touch that one).  If you don’t see afs.sys, then close the Window and restart iTunes.

– If you do see afs.sys, right click it and select rename, and then rename the file to afs.txt.  This file (from a company called Oak Technologies) will be there if you have iTunes or Norton Ghost, or Norton 360 (even if you have uninstalled the program).  Once you rename that file (notice how I’m saying rename NOT delete). Restart your computer.

Thank you once more

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »
        Oh, I see. Yes, you can hide them again if you like, but I don't know why you would.

Witchdoctor

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
          Oh, I don't know !!!!!!!!!!! ??? Anyways i restored it to "Default settings" least in my "GreenHorness" I delete something important.

TechGeekandMore

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »
            Greetings from Alex. I'm the head of TechGeekandMore and the person who came up with the solution posted.  If you have any issues getting the solution to work, visit TechGeekandMore and fill in the "Contact: TechGeekandMore" with your specific details and I will work with the other TGM staff to try and find you a solution.

Thank you to Allan for sharing the solution. 

TechGeekandMore also takes questions and tries to help with answers on all things Tech, so if you (or anyone you know) have a tech issue, let TGM know and we will see about trying to help.

Thanks again
            Alex
            Head of TechGeekandMore
            Alex
            Professional Geek
            Head of TechGeekandMore (TGM)

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 08:25:55 PM »
            Welcome Aboard...
            We'll send you as much traffic as you need... ::)
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

TechGeekandMore

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »
              Thank you.  As a member of Computer Hope you can also expect myself and the other members of TGM to help out here as well and try to help and support the community here. With posting answers from TGM here to help and answers from here to help the TGM family. 

Alex
              Alex
              Professional Geek

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »
              Allan.Regrets++
              I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
              « Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 05:38:55 AM »

TechGeekandMore

Greenhorn

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 08:34:52 PM »
                Hi Allan,
                   Please don't misunderstand.  I did actually mean thank you for sharing the information.  Part of my goal at TGM was to try and find solutions to make life easier for computer users.  I do not have any issues with my information being shared by others as you did.  Actually, I'm honored that you would think one of my solutions was worth sharing, as I am a big fan of your site as well.

Alex
                Alex
                Professional Geek