Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: First Brain Recordings.  (Read 3194 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
First Brain Recordings.
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:09:11 AM »
First Brain Recordings. Fom Flying Fruit Flies.

ScienceDaily (Feb. 15, 2010) — Researchers at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have obtained the first recordings of brain-cell activity in an actively flying fruit fly.

The work -- by Michael Dickinson, the Esther M. and Abe M. Zarem Professor of Bioengineering, with postdoctoral scholars Gaby Maimon and Andrew Straw -- suggests that at least part of the brain of the fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) "is in a different and more sensitive state during flight than when the fly is quiescent," Dickinson says.

A paper describing the research appears February 14 in the advance online edition of Nature Neuroscience.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100214143139.htm

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: First Brain Recordings.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
Pretty interesting although admittedly over my head. I had to read the description of the picture four times before I really even slightly grasped what was going on. ;)
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein