Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: floppy disk help  (Read 3069 times)

Carrie

floppy disk help
« on: March 21, 2004, 01:07:23 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? O.K,,,,I was using windows ME and i downloaded some pics from my digital camera.Then I decided to go to windows XP.I didnt want to lose my pics so I put them on a floppy.Windows XP would not allow me to put my pics from the floppy back on the computer,kept saying file not found.So I went back to ME,,,,still cant get my pics.Was saying some thing about "file dose not exsist.I keep trying to open the floppy,i even renamed.Also used a recovery program..Nothing is working,,,,some one please give me an idea of what i can do.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: floppy disk help
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 03:17:50 PM »
Are any files shown when you open My Computer and view the contents of the floppy diskette? If so can you double click the file on the floppy and open the file from My computer?
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 06:14:58 AM »
Can you access files on a different floppy?  If you can't read files on any floppy, replace the drive and try that.  Hopefully it's only a $10 fix to get your pics back.  Unfortunately, floppies are notorious for failing at the most inoportune times.

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 02:24:10 PM »