Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .pst Outlook and Windows7  (Read 3267 times)

babelk

.pst Outlook and Windows7
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:13:50 AM »
After a new install of Windows 7, I copied my archive.pst file from the XP drive to the 7 drive. Installed Office 2007 (which was on the XP drive). I tried to add the data file and am told "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\archive.pst." I have made sure that I am the owner of the file. The only other thing I can think of is that the attributes didn't transfer. The only attribute I see is A (archive) and it won't let me add R or S. any suggestions?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: .pst Outlook and Windows7
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
First of all, you don't want to use the archive.pst, you want to copy the original (default name is Outlook.pst). Second, after doing so you should not have the same problem but if you do, take ownership (http://www.blogsdna.com/2173/add-take-ownership-option-in-right-click-context-menu-of-windows-7.htm)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:42:42 PM »
Only Elevated Applications can Access C:\, C:\windows, and C:\program files folders, regardless of the security set on those files.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Ankit

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 04:56:24 AM »
You get Easy Transfer Software Use In win Xp.
And Crate this file import in win 7.
if all Data of Desktop Outlook And Xp's All Setting Import in win 7...