Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Away Mode System [Win7 Pro 64-bit]  (Read 7846 times)

HollowNobody

Problem with Away Mode System [Win7 Pro 64-bit]
« on: March 29, 2010, 06:30:31 PM »
I have been receiving the message:

"Address a problem with Away Mode System
This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between your computer's Away Mode System and your 64-bit version of Windows. The Away Mode System is only compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows.

This problem is not critical, but you can prevent it from occurring again by disabling the Away Mode System in your computer's BIOS. Refer to the instructions that came with your computer that explain how to access the BIOS and turn off Away Mode System support.

Note
Changing BIOS settings requires moderate to advanced computer skills. If you are not experienced at changing BIOS settings, consider asking someone with more advanced skills to help you
."

Now this has been in the message center since I purchased the PC, but since it stated that it wasn't critical I thought nothing of it.

Now it's beginning to cause problems. If I leave the PC alone long enough it will go into a standby like state, but won't wake up from it when I shake the mouse. To get it to return to normal I have to turn off the computer, unplug it from the wall, replug it in, and then turn it back on. When it starts back up it simply acts as if it were in sleep mode and returns to the desktop normally.

I am not familiar with Win7. In fact I just got it, so I'm not sure how to go about resolving this. I went into the power saving options and turned off sleep mode, but that message still remains.

The error states that I need to modify BIOS somehow. I'm hoping there's a more convenient way than that, but if there isn't I would appreciate some instructions.

Computer Specs
Model: Gateway LX6810-01
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 4096 RAM
Video Card: nVIDIA GeForce 9800GT
(if any more info is needed feel free to ask)