Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ICS Help  (Read 2359 times)

Coogah

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

ICS Help
    « on: April 27, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »
    I guess reading other posts helps but these things are so specific and only helps to a point. I've already poured over some posts relating to this but here it goes...

I've been using ICS to connect my Xbox to my computer for internet use.  It works fine and I've used it for a while so I know the basics.  However I have started to get an error that says:

An error occured while ICS was being enabled.
    ICS cannot be enabled.
    A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address
    that is required for automatic IP addressing.

It confuses me becuase I've been able to use it for so long and now this pops up.  I go to ipconfig/all and 192.168.0.1 is not present anywhere.  My router is configured NOT to use that address. The DHCP range is also configured NOT to auto assign that address. So it isn't being reserved anywhere, and isn't being used. I have had other adapteres hooked up to the computer and Network Connections says I'm on wireless connection 4. Does the registry keep track of connections and their settings? Is it possible that somewhere in my registry 192.168.0.1 is still reserved for one of my previous connections (1-3) and causing a conflict?

I'm using XP Pro SP 3 Version 2002. Any info I missed can be given.

Thank you.