Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with wi-fi since returning to uni  (Read 2497 times)

jonathanpalmer89

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Problems with wi-fi since returning to uni
    « on: April 28, 2010, 04:37:19 AM »
    Hi there,

I have a desktop computer, and am using a belkin wireless usb dongle to connect to the wi-fi. Being at uni i recently took my computer home for the easter holidays and have had it connected to the network at home, via the same usb dongle. I have now returned to my university house only to find that my computer will no longer connect to the router! This has happened before upon returning to university after the Christmas holiday (however i did not have my computer connected to any network while away) and i solved the problem by simply returning the usb dongle to pc world and getting it replaced, however now i can't find the receipt for this one and don't really want to have to buy another one.

Surely this should not be happening? Does anyone have any ideas why it might be going this?

It can see the wireless network, and i try and connect, typing in the password but it just comes up with a limited or no connectivity error!

Thanks for any help guys, i really appreciate it!

If not i may just buy a new adapter, but i would rather avoid having to buy yet another one!