Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Shortcut  (Read 2561 times)

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Shortcut
    « on: May 02, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
    Im am not sure what it is called but I would like to create a macro (?) or rather a shortcut for some wording lengthy wording I use a lot. For example my business is called Alberto, Baker, Cutler Financial Assistants, LTD
    I would like to be able to merely type abc and it would automatically expand to: Alberto, Baker, Cutler Financial Assistants, LTD
    I am using Vista and Microsoft Office 2007.

Thanks for any help
    Peter

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Shortcut
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Shortcut
    « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
    http://www.autohotkey.com/
    Yes, highly recommended.
    What Others Say

David A. Karp of PC Magazine: ...save time, keystrokes, and mouseclicks by making your own customized shortcuts ...lift the burden of repetitive tasks—like typing email replies—by doing them for you... [read the full article: Program Your Own Keyboard Shortcuts]

Wolfgang Reszel of c't Magazine: AutoHotkey sends several tools into retirement. It unites hotkey and text macros and offers a scripting-language, which is more powerful than every batch-file and easier to learn than the Windows-Scripting-Host. Beginners are able to start fast because of the scripting-language, similar to BASIC, contains a macro-recorder and syntax-checker. [read the full article: Simple automation of Windows and programs]

Dmitri Popov at NewsForge: Autohotkey features a combination that makes it a tool of choice for automating Windows: It's both powerful and easy to use. Whether you're a seasoned Windows administrator or an ordinary user, Autohotkey can make your computing life easier. [read the full article: Automating Windows with Autohotkey]

Adam Pash of Lifehacker: With AutoHotKey, I’m confident that I’ve trimmed the time I spend replying to emails down to a third of what it would be without. [read the full article: Knock down repetitive email with AutoHotKey]

Notice the remark above "...more powerful than every batch-file and easier to learn than the Windows-Scripting-Host..."
    Yes, its true. ;D