Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios Problems  (Read 2497 times)

xpack

Topic Starter

Bios Problems
    « on: May 04, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
    Okay well it started with me trying to install a hackintosh on my spare laptop (HP DV2910us) all went well and when I was trying out Snow Leopard it worked. Then I shut down and came back the next day. And when I turned on my laptop it loaded the bios menu that says click f1 to .... f2 to .... and it just stayed there. It never passes that up and started loading the operating system menu. so i went through and unplugged all my computers devices and plugged them in one by one till i got the error. Well turns out its the hard drive, which was no surprise to me.

So I thought okay well i'll order a new one. And thought since I had my computer opened might as well clean it up because the fan has been noisy. Well I did and when i finished i powered it on to make sure I plugged in everything alright and when i powered it back on the laptop worked perfectly. Even loaded snow leopard.

This was about 3 am so I shutdown and go to bed. Wake up turn it back on and still working. I go to my class, so I was gone about an hour and come back ready to fix it (because I could only boot snow leopard in safe mode), but when I power it back on it goes back to the bios being frozen error. I dont understand what the problem could be because I didn't do anything it broke clean it, it fixed, did nothing it broke again.

Anyone every seen something like this?

This is in the forums section because I was dual booting this was originally a windows 7 computer.