Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alarming BSoD...need help guys. :-[  (Read 2356 times)

wolfgang2080

Topic Starter

Starter

Alarming BSoD...need help guys. :-[
    « on: May 21, 2010, 04:06:03 AM »
    Hi guys! ???

I'd like to re-open the issue of my friend's laptop about the BSoD. Here are the details that I found:

Problem: IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL
                 Tech info:
                    ***STOP: 0x0000000A(0xFF1711F2,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x804D9B64)
                 Some observation that I encountered:
                        - the BSoD also indicate about the software/hardware issue but it does'nt identify what specific hardware or software problem
                        - I asked my friend what he has done before the BSoD happened, he told me that he defragged and scanned w/ virus scanner (Avast) his laptop.
                        - Even the safe mode does'nt work.
                        - USB type WLAN works, with no BSoD
                        - But the most puzzling to me is when I tried to switch on the built-in wireless connectivity, (located at the lower right side of the laptop and as I remember Realtek Ethernet is the name) the BSoD flashed on the screen.

So with these information, I hope I can help my friend to save his laptop. His laptop is Toshiba and he is using Win XP service pack 3. I'd like to know guys if what's the meaning/or how to decode the technical info that I have. By the way, is dxdiag,msinfo32 and the task manager can help me out to find the specific software/hardware problem? So that I can troubleshoot it properly? I'm also a newbie here and a learner, I hope the gurus and experts share their wit prowess to us...  :)

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Alarming BSoD...need help guys. :-[
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 05:54:08 AM »
    1) That message is often indicative of corrupt, damaged or conflicting drivers. The first troubleshooting step is to update all key drivers (video, audio, nic, etc). Also check for a bios update.

2) That blue screen error often lists a specific file the points to the offending driver. Please post the ENTIRE blue screen error.

wolfgang2080

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 04:06:57 AM »
      thanks sir for your advise. i'll post the entire bluescreen content on friday.  :)

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:58 PM »
      Download BlueScreenView
      No installation required.
      Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
      When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
      Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.