Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connected to network but no internet  (Read 2914 times)

afos

Topic Starter

connected to network but no internet
    « on: May 25, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »
    hello

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: connected to network but no internet
    « Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
    hello

afos

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »
      i am having issues with one of three of my computers not connecting to the internet. i am connected to the network with execellent signal but no internet acces. the computer with the issue is a vista os, while my other pc ( xp ) and laptop (W7) still work normally. i have tried all the steps in windows network diagnostics but i am getting nowhere can anyone help me please?

mhelsby

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »
      The reason why one of your computers is not getting the internet is because your network is not on the righ LAN.

Got to internet-tool-options-connections-lan settings- uncheck the prefex server-make sure all thoose boxes are checked. and un check the oxes above it.

Sid

Apprentice
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 05:41:17 AM »
        The reason why one of your computers is not getting the internet is because your network is not on the righ LAN.

Got to internet-tool-options-connections-lan settings- uncheck the prefex server-make sure all thoose boxes are checked. and un check the oxes above it.

WHAT?!

@OP Can you run ipconfig in a command prompt and post the results back here?

I suspect you're having problems with DHCP.