Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FTP Networking over 4 hard drives  (Read 2326 times)

bloop

Topic Starter

Rookie

FTP Networking over 4 hard drives
    « on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
    Ok I have set up a small home FTP server for my friends and family to use and share things with one another or to just backup whatever they want, how ever most are use to simple point and click and not having to type things to change directories. The way I have it set up right now is its hosted on my windows xp laptop, with 4 externals connected to it over a usb2.0 cable. Drive "A" has all the text files and stupid small things on it and also the home directory for each user. Drive "B" has the movies that we all own on it and watch from time to time. Drive "C" has the music (same things as drive "B" we all own our own copies of it). Drive "D" has the ebooks on it, along with the photos. Now I can change directories but they are having issues, is there a way to put a link/shortcut to the other drives inside their home directory?

One is running windows xp, one is running vista, and one is running win7. All are using bulletftp 2.63 build 56 as the client and the server I am using is FileZilla 0.9.34.

If I missed anything let me know and I will add to this as I will be checking it about every 30mins to an hour before I passout but will get right back to it when I wake back up.

bloop

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: FTP Networking over 4 hard drives
      « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »
      got it working, forgot to set up the aliases for them...simple mistake