Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo Messenger 10 strange behavior  (Read 3500 times)

umbra

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    Yahoo Messenger 10 strange behavior
    « on: August 01, 2010, 10:25:54 AM »
    Hi ,

I was sign in in Yahoo Messenger 10 and chat with some persons... then i clicked on "Yahoo Mail" button to check my mails...... because the Internet speed was really lower (some downloads where running)  the sign in into mail account through browser took a while lets say 30 seconds... or more...

After that i was suddenly sign out from Yahoo Messenger 10 , saying that i was sign in into it from another machine or device, for a moment i believed that account was compromise and somebody took my pass for it... But i could sign in back right away , lets say 5 seconds after i was automatically sign out with that message.

Could be the fact that an timeout occurred when i tried to open the mail box through browser , and because of that i was automatically sign out from Messenger with that message saying that i sign in from another device...
     Or there could be more issues related to this ?

Please if you have an idea about this help me to clarify this strange behavior....

Thanks   

Trying to don't waste my time.  :)

Mulreay

Re: Yahoo Messenger 10 strange behavior
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
    If your downloading 'something' else and you are having 'lag' issues with the computer it sounds very normal. Yahoo is not the fastest server on the planet and sometimes needs a hard reset to get it going.
    I think you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure non of your contacts are receiving messages from your account that you have never sent.
    Please post back if you are still having trouble.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Yahoo Messenger 10 strange behavior
      « Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:27:25 AM »
      This type of message can also be generated if you have more than one computer on at the same time and you are already signed in on one of them and it tries to make the connection on another.I generally have 2 running at the same time and it signs in on the 1st one i turn on then when the 2ND is turned on the message you state arises. Don't know if this is relevant in your case.truenorth