Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Joining survey form/HRIS, what's needed/how to?  (Read 3058 times)

wetcamelfood

Joining survey form/HRIS, what's needed/how to?
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
This will show what a newbie I am! I work in HR in a non profit and I'm trying to make an electronic personnel action form by using an online survey form like Survey Monkey & our HRIS system. Our HRIS runs off of Access but we're considering moving to an online system. Anyways, I don't know if something like Crystal Reports would be needed as well? Not being in IT this is why I'm here. I ned to find out what's out next step & how do we get through it spending as little as possible but getting the results? Ideally we'd like a log in set up for supervisors so when they go in they'd have a drop down of just their staff's names and then be led down the path so if they want to say change a pay rate for Jane Smith it'd then say "Jane Smith's rate is curently 20.75 per hour what do you now want it to be?" ...with numbers drop downs etc. As you've probably figured out by now we want to be as specific as we can with no room for error. Naturally though we could have a text box at the end where they can type in extra instructions if they deem a situation to be unique etc. Hopfully that won't nullify what comes before it but it's better than the paper version we used to get and now an "unlinmked to HRIS" survey form where the info they're inputing doesn't jive with what we have on record hence the need to specifically say "this is what we have now what do you want to change it to etc.)" Also, our departments change quite often so we need to be able to get in the back end ourselves to change things and not rely on our IT people to do it since the delays would cause supervisors to say "I can't enter this I'll send it to you on paper etc." Like I say I might not have this in the right place and by all means mods, please move this accordingly but hopefully wherever this ends up those that read this can help in some way. Looking forward to the replies and thanks for those in advance :)