Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Samsung 2333SW, good monitor to get?  (Read 2704 times)

WyattSoft

Topic Starter

Beginner

Samsung 2333SW, good monitor to get?
    « on: August 15, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
    I currently have a Vusys 17" VGA monitor with a resolution at 1280x1024.

I was thinking of getting a new monitor and say this monitor:
    http://www.dabs.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-2333sw-23--widescreen-1920-x-1080-5ms-dvi-d-vga-lcd-monitor-5FNF.html

It's a 23" Monitor, 1920x1080 resolution and has a DVI and a VGA input, at £135.

It seems like a good deal to me, and from what I've heard Samsung is a good brand.

So what I'm asking is, should I get this monitor or is there a better monitor out there?

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Samsung 2333SW, good monitor to get?
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »
    I currently have a Vusys 17" VGA monitor with a resolution at 1280x1024.

I was thinking of getting a new monitor and say this monitor:
    http://www.dabs.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-2333sw-23--widescreen-1920-x-1080-5ms-dvi-d-vga-lcd-monitor-5FNF.html

It's a 23" Monitor, 1920x1080 resolution and has a DVI and a VGA input, at £135.

It seems like a good deal to me, and from what I've heard Samsung is a good brand.

So what I'm asking is, should I get this monitor or is there a better monitor out there?

I don't have that model, mine is a 21.5' Samsung (SyncMaster P2270)and I've had it for approx. 6 mos. I hope that I don't have to buy another for a long time, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Samsung. I've been extremely satisfied with mine. overthehill

WyattSoft

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »
      Hmm, also found this other Samsung Monitor, only a tad more expensive.

http://www.dabs.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-b2430l-23-6--widescreen-1920-x-1080-5ms-dvi-d-vga-lcd-monitor-7394.html

Seems to be the same but an extra .6" display size. Am I right?

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »
      Though I know you live in UK and can't buy from Newegg, you may want to visit the site for customer reviews on monitors and see what you can get at your place that looks good to you.  :)

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 05:14:34 PM »

Hmm, also found this other Samsung Monitor, only a tad more expensive.

http://www.dabs.com/products/samsung-syncmaster-b2430l-23-6--widescreen-1920-x-1080-5ms-dvi-d-vga-lcd-monitor-7394.html

Seems to be the same but an extra .6" display size. Am I right?
      Apparently so. The monitor that I purchased is not quite as big, nor is it as expensive as the ones that you're looking at. Don't know what 136 £ equates to CDN, but I ended up paying approx. $175(tax included) for mine. And as I stated earlier I've been extremely satisfied so far. Great response time and the Starlight Touch Button is very impressive. The reviews that I found rated Samsung to be a good product. Previously I had a 17" LG "Flat Screen" monitor and although very decent (and which I still use occasionally)I most certainly would not want to go back to something like that now that I have my Samsung. Regards,overthehill