Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP recovery  (Read 2652 times)

Terry John

Topic Starter

Starter

HP recovery
    « on: August 16, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
      Had to do a Recovery on my HP Pavilion Elite M9040N Vista Prem. OS and I cant get it to boot to Vista OS. Trying for the last 4 hours.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: HP recovery
    « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
    Try pressing the F11 key immediately after you turn the power on.

Of course, this won't work either if the hard drive has failed.  Can you provide some details that might shed some light on the situation with your computer?  Did this just suddenly happen, or did the computer show signs of problems developing over a period of time?  If so, how was it acting?

Terry John

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:01:32 PM »
       ???

Terry John

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
          Software for Microsoft LifeCam Cinema is what cause the computer to lock up. My HP locked up the fist time, new software or video files corrupt. I did a good Recovery. My HP loaded all drivers, when I loaded Microsoft LifeCam Cinema files every thing Locked Up. I've tried every repair program with my recovery disk plus F6, F8, F11, pulled all memory out and reinstalled memory, checked all wiring in case. Been at this for three days. need help.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »
        Do some reading at Using HP Backup and Recovery Manager in Vista.  I still believe you should be able to start recovery by pressing the appropriate key during startup.