Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Schedule-Making Form (maybe a JOB OPPORTUNITY)  (Read 2992 times)

jonsan32

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Schedule-Making Form (maybe a JOB OPPORTUNITY)
    « on: August 27, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »
    So I don't know if all this is even possible, but I have a league where scheduling always takes us two weeks to formulate and would like to cut that time by generating a form like below. We usually have 300-500 teams, and there, roughly 30 different divisions, 12 different gyms, 3 different areas, and 3 different time slots. I want to be able to fill in a team's name and set their priorities, then repeat the process for however many teams we have. Then I'd like to be able to check which priorities should apply to populate the fields on our schedule page. Then, assuming the entire schedule wouldn't populate due to the amount of priorities set, I'd like to be able to repeat the process after unchecking a box to populate the remaining fields. Then of course repeat that process of deprioritizing and repopulating until the schedule is complete. The schedule page would include times, dates on a y-axis and gym locations on an x-axis, with certain times blocked off based on when and where we have gyms. We're more than willing to pay to get this done, or ANY advice would be great. We can give whomever a lot more info later, if you think you can get this done.

To see it, go to http://htmledit.squarefree.com/ or any html viewer to see the code below. Thank you!

Code: [Select]
    <center><script type="text/javascript">
            function searchBox()
            {
                    elem = document.getElementById("team");

if(elem.value == "Team Name")
                    {
                            elem.value = "";
                    }
            }

function searchBoxBlur()
            {
                    elem = document.getElementById("team");

if(elem.value == "")
                    {
                            elem.value = "Team Name";
                    }
            }

function init()
            {
                    document.getElementById("other_box").focus();
            }
            window.onload = init;
        </script>

<input name="email" name="email" id="team" value="Team Name" style="color: #aaaaaa" onclick="searchBox()" onblur="searchBoxBlur()" style="width: 180px;" type="text" />

<SELECT NAME="division">
    <OPTION VALUE="">--- Division ---
    <OPTION VALUE="url">4th NIT
    <OPTION VALUE="url">4th NCAA
    <OPTION VALUE="url" >5th NIT
    </SELECT>

<SELECT NAME="days">
    <OPTION VALUE="">--- Preferred Days---
    <OPTION VALUE="url">Sundays Only
    <OPTION VALUE="url">No Sundays
    <OPTION VALUE="url">No Preference
    </SELECT>

<SELECT NAME="times">
    <OPTION VALUE="">--- Preferred Times ---
    <OPTION VALUE="url">Morning
    <OPTION VALUE="url">Midday
    <OPTION VALUE="url" >Night
    </SELECT>

<SELECT NAME="locations">
    <OPTION VALUE="">--- Preferred Area ---
    <OPTION VALUE="url">North
    <OPTION VALUE="url">Southwest
    <OPTION VALUE="url" >Southeast
    </SELECT>

<SELECT NAME="gym">
    <OPTION VALUE="">--- Preferred Gyms ---
    <OPTION VALUE="url">Cherry Creek
    <OPTION VALUE="url">Thornton
    <OPTION VALUE="url" >Broomfield
    </SELECT>

<br><br>

<table width=880 height=50 border=3 cellpadding=5><tr valign="middle"><td><center><b>Set Priorities:</b></center></td><td><center>Division<input type="checkbox" checked> <font size=2><i>(must be checked)</i></font></center></td><td><center>No Repeats<input type="checkbox"></td><td><center>Days<input type="checkbox"></center></td><td><center>Times<input type="checkbox" ></center></td><td><center>Area<input type="checkbox" ></center></td><td><center>Gyms<input type="checkbox"></center></td><td bgcolor=#000000><center><input type="button" value="Populate Fields"></center></td></tr><tr><td colspan="8" bgcolor=#cccccc><center><font size=2><b>note:</b> The best method is to prioritize all first to populate the fields, then repeat while deprioritizing one category at a time.</font></center></td></tr></table>

</center>
    <br><br><center>
    <table width=880 height=50 border=1 cellpadding=5><tr><td><div align="justify">So I don't know if all this is even possible, but I have a league where scheduling always takes us two weeks to formulate and would like to cut that time by generating a form like above. We usually have 300-500 teams, and there, roughly 30 different divisions, 12 different gyms, 3 different areas, and 3 different time slots. I want to be able to fill in a team's name and set their priorities, then repeat the process for however many teams we have. Then I'd like to be able to check which priorities should apply to populate the fields on our schedule page. Then, assuming the entire schedule wouldn't populate due to the amount of priorities set, I'd like to be able to repeat the process after unchecking a box to populate the remaining fields. Then of course repeat that process of deprioritizing and repopulating until the schedule is complete. The schedule page would include times, dates on a y-axis and gym locations on an x-axis, with certain times blocked off based on when and where we have gyms.<b> We're more than willing to pay to get this done, or ANY advice would be great.</b> We can give whomever a lot more info later, if you think you can get this done.

</div></td></tr></table>
    If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. I some times see my computer as a nail.