Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Your computer is at risk  (Read 3656 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Your computer is at risk
« on: October 09, 2010, 04:44:39 AM »
Adobe recently released the latest update to Adobe Acrobat (version 9.4.0), there has also been several other browser plugins recently released. Make sure all your plugins are up-to-date, as most of you know out-of-date plugins is one of the main ways a computer can be attacked. I added this latest update version and did a few additional fixes to the System Information script.

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/systeminfo.cgi

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Your computer is at risk
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:01:18 AM »
BTW, Adobe's pdf reader has not been called Adobe Acrobat Reader since version 5.  Since then (version 6 and later), it's just Adobe Reader.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:12:28 AM by soybean »

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Your computer is at risk
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:45 AM »
BTW, Adobe's pdf reader has not been called Adobe Acrobat Reader since version 5.  Since then (version 6 and later), it's just Adobe Reader.

Your absolutely correct. I've updated this and have also spent the night updating the script to support Adobe Reader detection (at least for 7.0 and above). In addition I've also added a new link to indicate if PDF support is available for users who have alternative readers. Finally, I added a new section for users not running Chrome (since it seems my CSS trick doesn't work in Chrome) that will show sites that have been visited and did a few dozen other updates to the script.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein