Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless unidentified  (Read 2376 times)

paries669

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Wireless unidentified
    « on: November 15, 2010, 08:34:56 AM »
    Sup peeps, I seem to be having a problem with an unidentified wireless network (limited connectivity)when I'm not even trying to connect to a wireless one. I have no problems hooking up wireless, and when I do there are no probs. Right now I'm hooked up through my ethernet, but when I go to the network center it tells me multiple networks are hooked up and the wireless one has a yellow exclamation and I didnt even attempt to connect to it
    greetz  jonny

joe3fl

Rookie

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless unidentified
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
    It seems like your wireless may be set to automatically connect to a network. If you are using ethernet for now just disable the wireless adapter until you want to use it.

paries669

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:38:33 AM »
      Bump..........

nothing is set to automatic I even erased all connections and started fresh and its still doing it. When I look at my network details I do see ipv6 is limited. Its weird cause if I do manually connect to any wireless and disconnect it dissappears though till I hibernate, restart, or reboot ???
      greetz  jonny

paries669

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:35:06 PM »
        I forgot to add. I had vmware with legit copy of XP on it and it kept trying to hook up because i never disconnected my usb realtek wireless driver from vmware. It was still running in the background and feeding off of the host OS.
        greetz  jonny