Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless driver  (Read 5731 times)

smoosh

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Experienced
    Wireless driver
    « on: November 16, 2010, 10:07:08 AM »
    I have just upgraded my desktop to Windows 7 and all the driver are working fine until I added my old wireless card from my older desktop.  It was one I got years ago so don’t have the driver software it’s a EDUP which could not see any make or model so opened it up to see it is a laptop wireless card on a PCI Card.  I have checked Windows 7 can’t find the driver I went to the site and can’t find the driver either.  From looking on the end these EDUP cards have had some issues with drivers.  When checking the device manager the Ethernet Controller driver is missing I guess this is because I don’t have the wireless driver installed so it has no idea it has wireless.

Atheros
    On the chip it has AR5213A-00 and also AC5030MP

I would like to get this one working but really don’t like products that don’t have a good site to download drivers from or support.  Anyone got any ideas or help to get this working once again.

I still have my old desktop which I took the card from do you think I could maybe get the driver from here as a last resort? 

Thanks in advance on this one really not sure what else to do other than to go buy a new one  ;D

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Wireless driver
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
    Did you install the chipset driver for W7?

And it's possible the wireless card is not W7 compatible.

smoosh

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 10:48:51 AM »
      Did you install the chipset driver for W7?

And it's possible the wireless card is not W7 compatible.

Hey thanks for your reply not tried the chipset I guess I should have tried this as I just let windows 7 go and get the drivers. 

I have windows 7 pro so would have the option to install as xp if can find the driver but even then may not work still.  I think could be right with it not working with windows 7 as cant even find a driver to try iy out so far!  Will go try the chipset now and see if it works not fussed if does not work as its not much for a decent wireless card now.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:51:58 AM »
      1) You should download and install all drivers yourself - starting with the chipset driver.

smoosh

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
        1) You should download and install all drivers yourself - starting with the chipset driver.

Yeah will give that a shot as know the chipset one should be done first thanks again for your help will give it a try and update either way just hope can get it all working  8)

smoosh

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
          Just removed and installed all the drivers the only one I dont have is the wireless card driver I cant even find it for windows XP which it worked on.

When searching for the Atheros wireless card driver I cant seem to see anything other than ones asking to pay.  I am going by what is on the chip which is a Atheros AR5213A-00 seen as the other number finds nothing on Google.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »
          Buy a wireless card...the one you have according to my research does not have Win7 drivers,,,
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "